It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Sept. 9, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Louisiana Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Materials related to the acquisition, maintenance, management, security, and use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by any member or representative of this agency. Please provide the following relevant materials, if available, and, if not, confirmation and any available context for instances in which no responsive materials may be provided.
Policies, procedures, and standards for the acquisition - by purchase, gift, or otherwise - of UAVs. Please provide all relevant procurement and guiding materials for financial or cooperative relationships.
Please provide any expired or active Requests for Proposals related to the acquisition of UAVs by this agency. Please also provide any contracts or equivalent agreements between this agency and any vendor related to the acquisition or use of UAVs, in addition to any and all invoices for the purchase of UAVs in possession or use of this agency.
• Air Traffic Control notifications
All records of notifications provided by this agency to local Air Traffic Control prior, during, or after the use of UAVs
• Appropriate use (environmental)
All policies, procedures, guidelines, and other directive material regarding the appropriate environmental conditions for the use of UAVs by this agency. Please include all materials detailing appropriate use due to temperature, wind velocity, and the presence of rain, snow, and fog or other sight-impairing weather conditions.
• Appropriate use (operational)
All policies, procedures, guidelines, and other directive material regarding the appropriate environmental and operational conditions for the use of UAVs by this agency.
Please include all guidelines or equivalent directives regarding:
- the appropriate defined perimeter for UAV use.
- operational purposes of UAV use (for example: situational awareness, search and rescue, visual perspective, scene documentation)
- necessary requirements and UAV capabilities, including any variants due to use in day and/or night
- privacy of individuals and residents
- materials outlining restricted use of UAVs
All audits conducted of any portion of this agency UAV operations, including any reports or audits of:
- DME access records
- UAV flight documentation
- UAV policy
• Authorized Usage
All materials regarding the necessary authorization within this agency in order to deploy a UAV, including but not limited to, the following materials:
- policies and procedures regarding a request (internal, external, third party) for UAV usage
- any directives and guiding materials for the authorization of a request to deploy a UAV
- any forms used in the process of requesting, receiving, or rejecting authorization to deploy a UAV
• Certificate of Authorization (COA) or Certificate of Waiver (COW)
All applications for registration of UAVs with the Federal Aviation Administration or any other regulatory body. Please provide all responses from the certifying agency, including (but not limited to) all materials related to rejections and approvals of the legally-required certifications for UAV use by this agency. Please provide all associated amendments, exhibits, appendices, and related materials. Please also provide these materials for all Emergency COA applied for or issued to this agency.
• Data sharing
Policies and procedures guiding the sharing of data with or access to data by other entities outside of this agency, including plans and agreements with the Office of the District Attorney for notification and sharing of DME.
• Digital multimedia evidence (DME)
Policies and procedures governing the use, retention, and sharing of DME captured by a UAV used or owned by this agency. Please provide procedures for the appropriate handling, download, and storage of captured DME. Please also provide policies regarding permitted review of captured DME.
Please also provide all requests for destruction of DME captured by UAV.
Please provide also an index of all DME captured by UAV still retained by this agency.
• Official policy and reports
The official UAV policy for this agency.
Please also provide any public reports issued regarding the use of UAVs by this agency.
• Personnel and equipment
- Records sufficient to show the number of personnel authorized to approve UAV deployment
- Records sufficient to show the number of personnel authorized to operate a UAV
- Records sufficient to show the number of personnel authorized to inspect and test UAVs prior to deployment
- Records sufficient to show the number of UAVs owned or in the possession of this agency
• Preflight readiness
Procedures and policies guiding the following topics:
- preflight briefings and reviews of the mission, goals, methods, and procedures of a UAV deployment
- preflight briefings and reviews of the UAV battery charge, Global Positioning System (GPS) strength, and other technical necessities and features
- personnel communications, including but not limited to, radio frequency to be used
- emergency and contingency scenarios, including but not limited to, UAV malfunction/failure, flight termination, flight diversion and lost link procedures
- contents of COA
- take-off and landing site, defined incident perimeter, flight perimeter, intended flight pattern, altitude
All policies, procedures, and guidelines for retention of captured DME.
• Search warrants
A copy of all search warrants obtained in situations where use of an agency UAV may be expected to intrude upon an individual's expectation of privacy.
Policies and procedures regarding the storage and maintenance of UAVs owned by and in the possession of this agency.
• Third party authorization
Policies and procedures regarding the authorization by this agency of a third party for use of a UAV.
Please also provide a copy of all such authorizations to date.
All materials and guidance regarding the training and proper use of UAVs by this agency, including all descriptions of any agency-approved training program and all requirements for initial or additional training.
• UAV flight documentation
Policies and procedures for documentation of UAV flights. Please also provide any and all forms created or generated in this process.
Please provide *the database of all UAV flights*, if available. Please provide all segregable fields, including but not limited to:
- the reason for the flight
- date, time, duration, and location of the flight
- name of Supervisor approving the flight
- list of staff assigned to the flight
- summary of actions taken activities, and outcomes from deployment
- brief description of captured DME and storage location
Please provide materials on a rolling basis. I would be happy to discuss this request further. If you have any questions, please call 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.