Voter registration website (Maine Bureau Of Corporations, Elections, And Commissions)
|Multi Request||Voter registration website|
|Submitted||Oct. 13, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Jason Koebler
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Maine Freedom of Access Act, I hereby request the following records:
A series of voter registration website outages have made national news in recent weeks:
Therefore, I request the following information:
- Contracts, plans, RFPs, and underlying information about the design of online voter registration systems
- Presentations and emails regarding these systems
- Any disaster recovery / backup plans / failsafes for voter registration databases and registration websites or emails/plans/RFPs/presentations regarding this
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity contracts, plans, RFPs, presentations for voter registration websites and databases
- Any cybersecurity audits/penetration test reports / RFPs and contracts regarding online voter registration systems
Please search from Jan 1, 2018 until the day this request is processed.
These documents will be used for reporting on Motherboard, VICE Media's science and tech website (www.motherboard.vice.com)
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by 1 M.R.S.A. § 408(6). The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Maine Bureau Of Corporations, Elections, And Commissions
The State of Maine does not offer online voter registration at this time. All voters are required to submit a signed card/application to their municipal clerk.
Thus, we have no documents responsive to your request.
Kristen Schulze Muszynski
Director of Communications
Department of the Secretary of State
148 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
There are no files associated with this request.