|Submitted||July 12, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Please provide the following information/data:
1. List of LASD Modular or Reserve academy classes that have been decertified by post.
a. Please include academy class number and dates.
b. Please include reasons for decertification of each particular academy class.
c. Number of reserves from LASD that went through each decertified academy class.
d. Number of outside agency resreves that went through each decertified academy class.
2. List of currently employed LASD reserve deputies that attended one of the above decertified academies.
3. A list of currently employed LASD reserve deputies. Please include the following:
a. What level reserve they are.
b. If they attended a LASD academy.
c. If they didn't attend a LASD academy, where did they attend? Please specify for each level. (example John Doe, Level III academy Rio Hondo, Level II/I LASD. )
4. What is LASD's policies on recognizing other POST certified academies?
5. Can a LASD reserve deputy attend a level III/II LASD academy, but attend LAPD's Level I academy and have LASD recognize that deputy as a Level I deputy upon completion of the Post Level I academy?
If you determine that any or all or the information qualifies for an exemption from disclosure, I ask you to note whether, as is normally the case under the Act, the exemption is discretionary, and if so whether it is necessary in this case to exercise your discretion to withhold the information.
If you determine that some but not all of the information is exempt from disclosure and that you intend to withhold it, I ask that you redact it for the time being and make the rest available as requested.
In any event, please provide a signed notification citing the legal authorities on which you rely if you determine that any or all of the information is exempt and will not be disclosed.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.