|Multi Request||Domestic Violence Policies & Data and Crime Reporting & Data Handling Policies|
|Submitted||Oct. 13, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Under the Nevada Open Records Act § 239 et seq., I am requesting the following records:
• Manuals, policies, training materials, and training presentations relating to the processing, collection, management, and handling of collected law enforcement-related data (e.g., incident reports, calls for service, 911 calls, arrests, citations, wellness checks, and such),
• Statistics and data (if statistics have not been compiled, then please provide the raw data used for statistical analysis) pertaining to domestic violence incidents (as defined by the Department of Justice and the expired Violence Against Women Act) from January 1, 2017, to present,
• Statistics (preferably weekly or monthly) for emergency and non-emergency calls for service to law enforcement (including but not limited to calls, text messages, software submissions, web-based submissions, calls for service redirected from external law enforcement agencies) (if some of the raw data has not been processed, then please provide the raw data that will be used to produce the aforementioned statistics) from January 1, 2017, to present,
• Current crime reporting practice and methodology (e.g., how incidents are classified and scored),
• All current and superseded department policies and guidelines for law enforcement officers responding to incidents of domestic violence.
Please supply a receipt detailing the charges for each document. However, I would also like to request a waiver of all fees in that the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest and is not being sought for commercial purposes, as I am an undergraduate student at the at the University of Nevada, Reno and am contributing to a class project within the Reynold’s School of Journalism.
If you choose to deny this request, please supply a written explanation for the denial, including a reference to the specific statutory exemption(s) upon which you rely. Also, please supply all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material.
If access to the records I am requesting will take longer than a “reasonable” amount of time, please contact me with information about when I might expect copies or the ability to inspect the requested records.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within five business days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.