Skydio (Lugoff, South Carolina Police Department)
|Submitted||April 19, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Jason Koebler
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the South Carolina Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Public reports state that this police department may have partnered with Skydio, a drone company. (https://www.skydio.com/public-safety)
Therefore, I hereby request the following records:
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of Skydio (and/or drones in general). This includes A) any notes taken during meetings that discussed the use of Skydio, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Skydio works, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Skydio, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Skydio.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Skydio, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention Skydio.
5) Any case reports in which a Skydio drone was used.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with Skydio representatives.
Please try to include any other miscellaneous documents that facilitate this police department's relationship with Skydio that don't neatly fall neatly into the above categories.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. It will be used in the course of reporting for Motherboard, VICE’s science and technology website (www.motherboard.vice.com).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 15 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Kershaw County Sheriff
We have not partnered with Skydio here at the Kershaw County Sheriff's
*Chief Deputy Steve Knafelc*
*Kershaw County Sheriffs Office*
*821 Ridgeway Rd*
*PO Box 70*
*Lugoff S.C. 29078*
*Phone: (803) 425-1512*
*Fax: (803) 425-6021*
Check out Kershaw County's vision plan: http://www.visionkershaw2030.org/
NOTICE: All email correspondence to and from this address may be
subject to public disclosure under the SC Freedom of Information Act.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential,
proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not read, use, copy, or distribute this
e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this
e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or
telephone immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.
There are no files associated with this request.