Asset Forfeiture Forms and Statistics (Kansas Highway Patrol)

Curtis Waltman filed this request with the Kansas Highway Patrol of Kansas.
Est. Completion None
Fix Required


From: Curtis Waltman

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act (K.S.A. 45-215), I hereby request the following records:

-The Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification forms submitted as required to the United States Department of Justice for the years 2011 through 2016.
-Total civil asset forfeiture figures per year for the years 2010 through the date this request is processed.

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.


Curtis Waltman

From: Cheryl Bukacek [KHP]

Mr. Waltman,

We originally received your KORA request on July 11th and sent you a letter of response advising we are reviewing your request. In response to your July 14, 2017 KORA request for the same records, we will contact you in as soon as we can to let you know if we any need clarification about your request or whether we have any documents responsive to your request.

Thank you

Cheryl Bukacek
Kansas Highway Patrol Records Manager

From: Cheryl Bukacek [KHP]

Mr. Waltman please see the attached letter.

Thank you

Cheryl Bukacek
Kansas Highway Patrol Records Manager

From: Kansas Highway Patrol


Please see the attached letter regarding your KORA request.

Thank you,
Megan May
Kansas Highway Patrol
GHQ-Records Dept.
708 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS 66603
Phone: 785-296-6800
Fax: 785-296-4013<>

[khp logo]