|Multi Request||Florida sheriff's data|
|Submitted||July 12, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of deputy-involved use of force incidents, broken down by type of force used, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
2. The total number of people that deputies used force against, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
3. A copy of all complaints reported by civilians against deputies between 2013-2018.
4. A copy of any documents indicating whether the civilian complaints identified in request #3 were sustained.
5. The policy manual of the sheriff's department.
6. The current union contract between the county and any sheriff's deputies unions.
7. All records regarding deputy-involved shootings (including fatal shootings, non-fatal shootings and shootings at a civilian that missed) between 2013-2018, including incident-level information specifying the date of each incident, race and gender of all subjects involved, what weapon if any they were armed with, any injuries or deaths resulting from the incident, the names of all deputies involved, whether administrative investigations found the incidents to be justified under sheriff's department policy and any disciplinary actions taken against the deputies as a result of the incident.
8. All records regarding civilian deaths or serious injuries resulting from deputy-involved use of force between 2013-2018, including incident-level information specifying the date of each incident, race and gender of all subjects involved, what weapon if any they were armed with, any injuries or deaths resulting from the incident and the names of all deputies involved.
9. The number of in-custody deaths in jails from 2013-2018 (separated by year), broken down by cause of death (homicide, suicide, accidental, natural causes, etc.)
10. Statistics showing the total jail population each year from 2013-2018 (separated by year).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
Dear Samuel Sinyangwe:
Thank you for your interest in public records of Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Your request has been received and is being processed. Your request was received in this office on 7/15/2019 and given the reference number P146089-071519 for tracking purposes.
Your request will be forwarded to the relevant person(s) to locate the information you seek and to determine the volume and any costs associated with satisfying your request. You will be contacted about the availability and/or provided with copies of the records in question.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Florida Sunshine Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on July 12, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response. You had assigned it reference number #P146089-071519.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.