|Submitted||April 7, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act (California Government Code §§ 6250), I hereby request the following records:
1. What is the total number of citizen complaints (allegations of misconduct) made against your department’s officers annually for the last 2 years? If your department logs complaints in a database, spreadsheet, or other log, a copy of those logs is fine instead.
Please include the type of complaint (i.e., use of force, abuse language, unwarranted search) and the result of complaint (i.e., sustained, exonerated).
2. Does the officers on duty utilize video or audio cam or both recordings during their duty?
3. What is the procedure when to turn off or on the recording device when officers are on duty?
4. How long does the department keep the audio/video recordings - years/months?
5. What is the procedure for getting a copy of such video/audio of officer's recordings?
6. What are the costs for a copy of the recordings.
7. Any other information on utlizing the audio/video cam?
Thank you for your assistance.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
See attached documents for request dated April 7, 2021.
KEITH HERTER | SERGEANT
Office of Professional Standards
Irvine Police Department
1 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine , CA 92606
Direct: 949.724.7043 Email: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>