|Submitted||June 17, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Iowa Open Records Law (Code Chapter 22), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all policies, procedures, directives, memorandums, and any other guiding materials regarding matters pertaining to firearm acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, including, but not limited to, the following:
• policies and procedures on the issuance of firearms permits and licenses. (Please note that this point is not a request for the identities of individual permit or license holders, but, rather, is a request for governmental policies and parameters regarding the process and regulations by which one may obtain either a permit or a license. If separate strictures exist for each, provision of both would be greatly appreciated.)
• policies and procedures on the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• any and all available policies and procedures regarding local firearms policies. Please provide all such materials that alter or supplement departmental procedures.
• policies and procedures regarding the sale and purchase of firearms. Please include all materials regarding the appropriate qualifications for the sale or purchase of firearms. Please include materials for particular venues, if available, including but not limited to the sale and purchase of firearms at gun shows.
• policies and procedures regarding the transfer, either out-of-state or between individuals, of firearms.
Please include all available segregable data.
Please also provide all available data, statistics, or reports regarding matters pertaining to gun acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, including, but not limited to, the following:
• the issuance of firearms permits and licenses.
• the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• incidents involving the use of a firearm.
• the sale and purchase of firearms.
• the transfer, either out-of-state or between individuals, of firearms.
If various policies or reports exist dependent on the type of firearm, provision of all applicable materials would be greatly appreciated. Should they be voluminous, provision of materials on rolling basis would be greatly appreciated.
Should your agency believe that any additional policies, procedures, reports or other analysis pertaining to firearm acquisition, licensure, use, transfer, deaths, incidents, or any related issues may reside with another agency or agencies, indication of such agencies would be greatly appreciated.
Please notify us if further clarification is necessary.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
Please find attached documents that are responsive to your public records request pasted below.
Chief Deputy Attorney General
Office of the Attorney General of Iowa
1305 E. Walnut St.
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Main: (515) 281-5164 | Direct: (515) 281-5191
Email: Eric.Tabor@iowa.gov<mailto:Eric.Tabor@iowa.gov> | www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov<http://www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (including any attachments) may be confidential or protected by one or more of the following: the attorney-client privilege, attorney work product doctrine, or applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please: (1) do not read, print, copy, distribute or use it in any way; (2) permanently delete or destroy the message (including any attachments); and (3) notify the sender immediately by reply email or telephone. Any unintended transmission of this email message does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege or protection. Thank you.