|Multi Request||Indian River, Clearview|
|Submitted||Dec. 29, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
I am hereby requesting the following records that relate to Clearview AI, a facial recognition software:
* Any contracts, purchase, orders, invoices, and receipts related to Clearview AI.
* All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of Clearview AI. This includes A) any notes taken during meetings that discussed the use of Clearview AI, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Clearview AI, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Clearview AI to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
* A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Clearview.
* A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Clearview AI as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
* Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention Clearview AI.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public in the process of reporting for BuzzFeed News, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. Therefore, I hereby request that all fees are waived in the processing of this request.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
We have received your request and will forward any and all records as soon as available.
Sent from my iPhone
Indian River Shores has no records that relate to Clearview AI, a facial
Please let me know if you need anything else.
Charlene Hall, Records/Finance/Human Resources
Indian River Shores Public Safety
Indian River Shores, FL 32963
P (772) 231-2451 x222
F (772) 231-2444
IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or
entity to whom it is addressed and it may contain information that is
privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by
applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify us immediately and destroy the related
message. Also, under Florida law, e-mails and written communications
received or sent by the Town of Indian River Shores are public record,
including names, addresses and e-mail addresses. They are generally subject
to view by anyone requesting disclosure and will be released in response to
a public records request. If you do not want your e-mail address released in
response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this
entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.