It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||Aug. 9, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the New York State Freedom of Information Law (1977 N.Y. Laws ch. 933), I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 9, 2017. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
To whom it may concern,
This e-mail is in your response to your FOIL request regarding sexual
assault cases and evidence. Under our current policy, this request requires
a Lake Placid Police Department FOIL request form, will result in a fee of
.25 cents per page copied and fees associated with the time it would take an
employee to research this extensive request. You can find our FOIL request
forms on our website www.lakeplacidpd.com
Please feel free to contact myself or my Administrative Assistant Stacey
Tempestilli with any further questions.
Assistant Chief Charles P. Dobson
Lake Placid Police Department
2693 Main Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
(518) 523-9601 (f)
NOTICE: This message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2510-2521. This e-mail and any
attached files are the exclusive property of the Lake Placid Police
Department, are deemed privileged and confidential, and are intended solely
for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.
If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or believe that you have
received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and any
attachments and notify the sender immediately. Any other use, re-creation,
dissemination, forwarding or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.