|Submitted||Aug. 23, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 to 11), I hereby request the following records:
1. all emails and copies of all paper letters exchanged between staff of Illinois EPA and the city of Chicago Department of Water Management that pertain to the testing labs at the Jardine or South water purification facilities from January 1, 2009 to August 19, 2006.
2. all inspection reports from IEPA for both of these plants’ labs from January 1, 2004 to July 29, 2016. “All inspection reports” necessarily include (but are not limited to) “proficiency reports” and reports from the “quality assurance program.”
3. all documentation and communication written as followups to inspections of the facilities listed above.
4. Documents sufficient to show all rules and regulations governing the quality of the water that IEPA requires municipalities to abide by
5. Documents sufficient to show all rules and regulations governing the testing of water before it is released to a municipality that the IEPA requires municipalities to abide by
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Please see the attached response to your FOIA request.
Something must have gone awry in my request. This request was intended for the Illinois EPA. Please accept my apologies for any burden placed on your staff.
Thank you for letting us know. It was no problem.