|Submitted||Nov. 29, 2013|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Persuant to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 to 11), I hereby request the following records:
- A full copy of any and all contracts and written agreements between the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates. I also seek copies of any and all invoices or bills related to those contracts.
- Any and all reports, memoranda, or other documents produced for the University of California, Berkeley by Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates.
- And and all email correspondence or other communications between representatives of the University of California, Berkeley and Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates containing the terms "Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs" and/or "Student Affairs."
That UIUC retained Storbeck to find a Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs is published and publicly available here: http://storbeckpimentel.com/success-stories/client-list/.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter, and for your time. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
Correction: The second and third bullet points should read "University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign," not "University of California, Berkeley." Sorry for the error.
Please acknowledge that this request was received and provide an estimated processing time.
December 9, 2013
DEPT MR 9358
PO Box 55819
Boston, MA 02205-5819
Re: FOIA #13-576
Dear Mr. Skelding:
I write to respond to your Freedom of Information request of November 28, 2013, and received in our office on December 2, 2013, under the Freedom of Information Act in which you request:
"- A full copy of any and all contracts and written agreements between the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates. I also seek copies of any and all invoices or bills related to those contracts.
- Any and all reports, memoranda, or other documents produced for the [University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign] by Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates.
- And and all email correspondence or other communications between representatives of the [University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign] and Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates containing the terms "Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs" and/or "Student Affairs."
You referenced a website in your letter that lists the University of Illinois as a client of Storbeck/Pimental & Associates. However, a search was conducted and no records pertaining to your request could be located.
The positions listed have had multiple searches performed in the history of the University. For instance, a search was conducted for the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs in both 1996 and 2006. Without knowing which search is referenced, we cannot supply the name of the firm used.
You have a right, under the law, to seek a review of this response by the Public Access Counselor (PAC) in the Office of the Attorney General. The PAC may be reached by phone at 217-782-1396, by email to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, or by postal mail at the Public Access Bureau, 500 S. 2nd Street, Springfield, Illinois 62706. You also have the right to seek judicial review under section 11 of this Act.
If you have questions for our office, please contact 217-333-6400.
Thomas P. Hardy
and Chief Records Officer
Dear Mr. Hardy,
Thank you for your diligent search and straightforward reply. I have no questions, nor do I intend to contact the PAC. Thank you for your time.
There are no files associated with this request.