|Submitted||May 24, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Hawaii Uniform Information Practices Act, I hereby request the following records:
Contracts and invoices related to the use of communication services at any and all county correctional or detention facility locations under the jurisdiction of this agency. This may encompass telecommunication, kiosk, and mobile tablet services.
Please provide materials for the below facilities and any other applicable detention locations:
- Halawa Correctional Facility
- Kulani Correctional Facility
- Waiawa Correctional Facility
- Women's Community Correctional Center
- Hawaii Community Correctional Center
- Kauai Community Correctional Center
- Maui Community Correctional Center
- Oahu Community Correctional Center
- Saguaro Correctional Center
Please provide the following relevant materials.
• Any and all open or active Requests for Proposal or similar solicitations regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of communication services. If available or applicable, please also provide equivalent materials for video conferencing equipment and other electronic communication and telecommunication services.
• Any and all active contracts regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, financial requirements, associated commissions, or use of communication services. Please include all associated supplemental materials, including any and all attachments, amendments, and exhibits. Please provide any other materials regarding the terms of service, including the term and expiration date of the current contract, as well as any optional contract extensions. Please include the name of the current telecommunication provider, as well as the services currently being provided pursuant to the agreement. Relevant companies include, but are not limited to, CenturyLink, City Tele Coin, ICSolutions, JPay, and Securus Technologies.
• Any and all financial reports, commission reports, revenue reports, and invoices related to the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of communication services. Please include all usage and fee reports, providing as much segregable data as possible, including, but not limited to, the rate at which the funds were generated, the revenue generated for each service, the timeframe during which the funds were generated, the nature of the communication's payment (collect, prepaid, inmate account), etc. If available, please also provide equivalent materials for video conferencing equipment and other electronic communication and telecommunication services.
Please provide all current contract materials and invoices for the period January 1, 2015 through the date this request is processed.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
The only relevant contract related to your inquiry would be PSD's contract with GTL for an inmate phone system.
To view the contact, please go to the State of Hawaii, State Procurement website at http://spo.hawaii.gov/.
Shelley Harrington (Nobriga).
Intake Service Center DA
919 Ala Moana Blvd. #401
Honolulu, HI 96814
Chief Justice William Rehnquist wrote in U.S. vs. Salerno: "In our society, liberty is the norm and detention prior to trial or without trial is the carefully limited exception."
This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510-2521 and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This electronic transmission is for the sole use of those identified by the author and is the property of the author. Any further distribution or copying of this message is prohibited by law. If you received this in error, please notify the author at 808-587-1260 and destroy the message immediately.