|Multi Request||Automated License Plate Reader (ALPR) - Adoption, Use, and Data Retention Policies|
|Submitted||Dec. 13, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Pennsylvania Right to Know Act, I hereby request the following records:
Materials related to this agency's acquisition of, access to, preservation of, or disclosure of automated license plate readers (ALPR) or ALPR data:
1. Policies related to the adoption of ALPR technology, including those guiding the procurement process or necessary administrative obligations before acquisition.
2. Training policies, requirements, and materials for automatic license plate reader system operators.
3. Databases used to compare data obtained by the automatic license plate reader system.
4. Policies related to the retention and security of captured ALPR data, including those regarding:
- the length of time after capture that data may be preserved
- exceptions to general data preservation policies
- internal data security and access
- data destruction
5. Policies related to the sharing of captured ALPR data by this agency with other agencies, including those directing:
- the manner in which another agency may request data
- the circumstances under which captured data may be shared, and
- the responsibilities of the recipient agency in regards to data retention and use.
- access by this agency to data obtained by automatic license plate reader systems not operated by the law enforcement agency.
Please also provide the number of requests made by outside agencies, if applicable.
6. Policies related to the sale of data or the sharing of data with non-law enforcement actors.
- If applicable, please provide all agreements between this agency and non-law enforcement actors.
7. Policies regarding oversight of automatic license plate reader system use.
8. Audit Reports
9. Policies related to maintenance and calibration.
Please also provide maintenance and calibration schedules and records for the system on file.
10. Any other policies or reports on subjects related to automatic license plate reader system use by the agency.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
I am in receipt of your request for information. Although it is required to be on an official RTK form, I will attempt to help you anyway. Your request is overly broad, we do not have standard reports like you ask for. In PA, most Departments are dispatched through County services, probably unlike any other State. The County would be the entity with much of this information. My point being, I can't provide you with what I don't have. Should you be able to pare down your request to what I can provide, I will gladly do so. Take care.
William J. Tierney, Chief of Police
Hatfield Township Police Department
2000 School Road
Hatfield, PA 19440
(215) 855-0903 ext. 219<tel:%28215%29%20855-0903%20ext.%20219>
[cid:image001.png@01D495FB.465F5610] [cid:image002.png@01D495FB.465F5610] [cid:image003.png@01D495FB.465F5610]