|Submitted||Feb. 21, 2017|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
All data, statistics, or reports from the year 2015 regarding incidents involving firearms, including but not limited to:
> firearm-related homicides
> firearm-related assaults
Any and all policies, procedures, directives, memorandums, and any other guiding materials regarding matters pertaining to firearm acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, including, but not limited to, the following:
• policies and procedures on the issuance of firearms permits and licenses. (Please note that this point is not a request for the identities of individual permit or license holders, but, rather, is a request for governmental policies and parameters regarding the process and regulations by which one may obtain either a permit or a license. If separate strictures exist for each, provision of both would be greatly appreciated.)
• policies and procedures on the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• any and all available policies and procedures regarding local firearms policies. Please provide all such materials that alter or supplement departmental procedures.
• policies and procedures regarding the sale and purchase of firearms. Please include all materials regarding the appropriate qualifications for the sale or purchase of firearms. Please include materials for particular venues, if available, including but not limited to the sale and purchase of firearms at gun shows.
• policies and procedures regarding the transfer, either out-of-state or between individuals, of firearms.
Please include all available segregable data.
All data, statistics, or reports regarding matters pertaining to gun acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer, from the year 2015, including, but not limited to, the following:
• the issuance of firearms permits and licenses.
• the revocation of firearms permits and licenses.
• the sale and purchase of firearms.
• the transfer, either out-of-state or between individuals, of firearms.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Please limit your search to all records from the year 2015.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request.
I have received your request. Pursuant to Florida State Statute 119.07(4)(d) our Agency charges $21.47 per hour for extensive records requests to research, inspect and prepare records. I anticipate this process to take up to two hours. Our agency will have reports of firearm-related incidents/offenses in Gulf County only. The Gulf County Sheriff's Office does not handle matters regarding public firearm acquisition, licensure, use, and transfer; or maintain of any statistics their of.
Please let me know if you wish to proceed. I will be waiting on your response.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.