|Submitted||Dec. 26, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern, and Fire Chief Lynnwood Bunn, Snow Hill Rural Fire Dept
Subject: FOIA Request
Pursuant to the North Carolina Public Records Law, We hereby request the following records and according to:
Also pursuant to: North Carolina Article 79.Investigation of Fires and Inspection of Premises.§ 58-79-1. Fires investigated; reports; records. The Director of the State Bureau of Investigation, through the State Bureau of Investigation, the Office of the State Fire Marshal, and the chief of the fire department, or chief of police where there is no chief of the fire department, in municipalities and towns, and the county fire marshal and the sheriff of the county and the chief of the rural fire department where such fire occurs outside of a municipality, are hereby authorized to investigate the cause, origin, and circumstances of every fire occurring in such municipalities or counties in which property has been destroyed or damaged, and shall specially make investigation whether the fire was the result of carelessness or design. --- Furthermore § 58-79-5. Director of the State Bureau of Investigation to make examination; arrests and prosecution.It is the duty of the Director of the State Bureau of Investigation to examine, or cause examination to be made, into the cause, circumstances, and origin of all fires occurring within the State to which his attention has been called in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 58-79-1, or by interested parties, by which property is accidentally or unlawfully burned, destroyed, or damaged, whenever in his judgment the evidence is sufficient, and to specially examine and decide whether the fire was the result of carelessness or the act of an incendiary. The Director of the State Bureau of Investigation shall, in person, by deputy or otherwise, fully investigate all circumstances surrounding such fire, and, when in his opinion such proceedings are necessary, take or cause to be taken the testimony on oath of all persons supposed to be cognizant of any facts or to have means of knowledge in relation to the matters as to which an examination is herein required to be made, and shall cause the same to be reduced in writing. If the Director of the State Bureau of Investigation or any deputy appointed to conduct such investigations, is of the opinion that there is evidence to charge any person or persons with the crime of arson, or other willful burning, or fraud in connection with the crime of arson or other willful burning, he may arrest with warrant or cause such person or persons to be arrested, charged with such offense, and prosecuted, and shall furnish to the district attorney of the district all such evidence, together with the names of witnesses and all other information obtained by him, including a copy of all pertinent and material testimony taken in the case.
1. Copies of the February 20, 2015 Fire Dept, and investigators "ANY and ALL" PHOTOS of the interior Greene County clerk office(s) affected fire areas. Specifically, this includes photos of "all offices, areas" that were, and\or "were not impacted by the fire" alleged caused by Underwriters Laboratory (UL) rated space heater;
2. Provide copy of the Snow Hill fire inspectors report and\or any other report by investigator/s; along with any photos they may have taken, separate from the Snow Hill fire dept,
3. Provide name and badge ID of the ATF Agent present onsite morning fire 2/20/2015; and FULL contact information;
4. Copy of the Bill Materials insurance, contractors repairs report and\or Final Detailed Re-Construction\rebuild and name of the Contractor/s contracting companies that worked on clerk office;
5. Provide list names, badge number and\or ID number and copy of "any and all" emergency fire personnel dispatched and\or that appeared on site February 20, 2015 Greene County Court clerk office staged fire, actual arson;
6. Provide copy of any and all reports that were sent to SBI (if any) and
7. Provide copy of "ANY and ALL" related eMails that are associated with the February 20, 2015 Greene County Court clerk office fire.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within (5) five days.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following North Carolina Public Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Dec. 26, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.