|Multi Request||local level SAEC policies/data|
|Submitted||March 17, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Indiana Access to Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 7 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Indiana Access to Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on March 17, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Good afternoon - Chris Camp with the Fort Wayne Police Department received an email from Muckrock today stating they never received a response to their 3/17/18 Request for Access to Public Records. Our records show differently. Attached is the email response that was previously sent to Vanessa Nason/Muckrock on 4/8/18, as well as the documents requested.
City of Fort Wayne Law Department
Room 430 - Citizens Square
200 E. Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802