It is a clone of this request.
|Multi Request||Degree Analytics|
|Submitted||Jan. 29, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Florida Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records:
Public reports state that this university may have partnered with Degree Analytics, an AI company. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/12/24/colleges-are-turning-students-phones-into-surveillance-machines-tracking-locations-hundreds-thousands/ & https://degreeanalytics.com/about-us/)
Therefore, I hereby request the following records:
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of SpotterEDU. This includes A) any notes taken during meetings that discussed the use of Banjo, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how SpotterEDU works, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of SpotterEDU, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and SpotterEDU.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention SpotterEDU, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention SpotterEDU.
5) Any case reports in which SpotterEDU was used.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with SpotterEDU representatives.
Please try to include any other miscellaneous documents that facilitate this police department's relationship with SpotterEDU that don't neatly fall neatly into the above categories.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. It will be used in the course of reporting for Motherboard, VICE’s science and technology website (www.motherboard.vice.com).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Florida Sunshine Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Jan. 29, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
The University has completed a diligent search for the requested records, and has been unable to locate any records responsive to your public records request.
Media Relations Manager
University Communications and Marketing
4202 East Fowler Ave., CGS301
Tampa, FL 33620-4301