|Submitted||July 13, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
CFO Jeff Atwater
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Florida Department of Financial Services
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0301
Email: CFO Jeff Atwater
Ref: Florida Public Information Act Request
Dear Mr. Jeff Atwater
Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law (Fla. Stat. secs. 119.01 to 119.15 (1995)), I hereby request the following records:
This is a request made under the Florida Public Information Act and I agree to pay reasonable cost for copying of this information sent to me.
1. Please provide a copy of the contract between the State of Florida and the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) that diverts a portion of the Tobacco Settlement money to NAAG.
2. Please provide the documents that clarify how the State of Florida payment to NAAG is determined for the Tobacco Settlements.
3. Please provide a copy of the contract between the State of Florida and the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) that diverts a portion of the Mortgage Settlement money to NAAG.
4. Please provide the documents that clarify how the State of Florida payment to NAAG is determined for the Mortgage Settlements.
5. Please provide me with a copy of all State of Florida payments, amounts, and dates made to NAAG during the tenure of Maryland Attorney General, Douglas Gansler as President of NAAG from approx. June 2012 - June 2013.
6. Please provide me with a list of all NAAG voting records that would indicate who voted for Douglas Gansler for President of NAAG.
7. What is the official tax designation for the State of Florida, Tobacco and Mortgage Settlement monies diverted to NAAG, is it considered part of the Florida State general fund or Texas State or federal tax dollars ?
8. Please provide a copy of any State of Florida vetting process or protocol or method that would protect the State of Florida from entering into contracts with entities where past and/or present members have known direct ties to white collar criminals.
9. Please provide a copy of any State of Florida vetting process or protocol or method that would protect the State of Florida from entering into contracts with entities where past and/or present members have known direct ties to organized crime syndicates.
10. Please provide a copy of any State of Florida vetting process or protocol or method that would protect the State of Florida from entering into contracts with entities where past and/or present members have known direct ties to transnational organized crime syndicates.
11. Copies of any and all correspondence, telephone records, emails, etc. between the dates of Nov. 1, 1997 and Jan. 1, 1998 of the Texas Attorney General, Dan Morales, between Florida Attorney General, Robert Butterworth, and Maryland Attorney General, Joseph Curran Jr.
12. A copy of the Florida Chief Financial Officers definition for the phrase "white collar criminal".
13. A copy of the Florida Chief Financial Officers definition for the phrase "organized crime syndicate".
14. A copy of the Florida Chief Financial Officers definition for the phrase "transnational organized crime syndicate".
Paper or digital copies of the requested info. is acceptable.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
If you have any questions concerning this please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com or cellphone (772) 834-6175.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
871 NE Dixie Hwy.
Jensen Beach, FL. 34957
772 834 6175
The Department of Financial Services (DFS) has received your request for public records. Your request has been assigned tracking number 176096.
We are reviewing our records to determine if DFS holds the records you requested. You will be advised if the Department holds those records or not.
If the records you have requested are available on-line, you will be given the web address where you may download those records at no charge.
If the Department holds the records you request, we will determine the estimated cost for reviewing, redacting and/or copying the records. If statutorily-authorized fees apply for reviewing, redacting and/or copying the records, you will receive an invoice for those fees. Department personnel will not begin processing the requested records until the invoiced amount has been paid.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact the Public Records Unit.
Hello, for tracking purposes, could you please send all responses to this email address? Thank you.
The following attachment has been securely sent to you.
 176096 Stone, Donald.pdf<https://attach.fldfs.com/pickup/SLo_Y3ui1z1O32wuzjX9O5MU4z_9Rnho8xlA6Za9/%5B1105618%5D%20176096%20Stone,%20Donald.pdf> (144.6KB)
Additional download options are available at the Pick-Up Portal<https://attach.fldfs.com/pickup/t0_yOWZCQMVJ1B_y5L6TSJy7iiGe0drC028q6w4R>
You can respond to this message with attachments of your own. [Reply to sender<https://attach.fldfs.com/reply/Rdz99apH-MtvWbE8jdufeyLfCVM1lQuFRqkGOUxk>] [Reply to all<https://attach.fldfs.com/reply/88EONtJqQh20LLaKSJkXU8lg6zeu_EkeKJ7mMJUa>]
The links within this message can be accessed until August 13, 2015 8:34:14 AM EDT.
Powered by GlobalSCAPE(r) Mail Express(tm)
This email is in response to the above-referenced public records request. The Department of Financial Services records that are responsive to the request are available through the secure link provided, above.
This secure link will expire in two (2) weeks. After that time you will not be able to access the documents through the link, and you may be invoiced for additional charges to have the records produced again. Print these documents or save them electronically before the link expires.
If you have a problem accessing the documents through the link or if I can be of further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact me.
The Department considers this request completed and will close its file on the request.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Department of Financial Services
Public Records Unit
Please note that Florida has a broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are considered to be public records and will be made available to the public and the media upon request. Therefore, your e-mail message may be subject to public disclosure.
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission (including any accompanying attachments) is intended solely for its authorized recipient(s), and may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, or responsible for delivering some or all of this transmission to an intended recipient, you have received this transmission in error and are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from reading, copying, printing, distributing, or disclosing any of the information contained in it. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender, and delete and destroy all copies.