|Submitted||Sept. 25, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to Florida's Sunshine Law (Fla. Stat. secs. 119.01 to 119.15 (1995)), I hereby request the following records:
1. any requests for proposals, proposals submitted by vendors, contracts, budgets or cost allocations for the purchase, research of and/or use of aerial drones, UAs, UAVs, and UASs (hereinafter “drones”);
2. any policies, guidelines, manuals and/or instructions on the use of drones by police, including on the legal process required (such as a warrant or court order), if any, before operating a drone;
3. any departmental records concerning the use of and/or research of drones now or plans to use drones in the future including:
a. the types of investigations or instances in which this department is using or plans to use drones, or how it plans to support, manage or oversee the usage of drones by another department or office;
b. policies, guidelines, manuals and/or instructions on storage requirements or procedures for video or static images obtained through use of drones, including retention times;
c. the altitude at which drones can or do fly;
d. drones’ ability to carry weapons.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
Thank you for your email. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The Florida Highway Patrol is currently receiving a high volume of e-mails; however, we will make every effort to respond to your inquiry within five business days.
To assist you as quickly as possible, please review the following options:
* If you are reporting an emergency, please dial 911.
* If you are in need of roadway assistance or to report an impaired driver, please dial *FHP from your cellular phone.
* If you recently received a traffic citation in Florida and want to know if you are eligible to attend driver improvement school in lieu of points on your driving record, visit www.flhsmv.gov/dlcheck<http://www.flhsmv.gov/dlcheck>.
Thank you for contacting the Florida Highway Patrol.
Customer Service Center
Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Records responsive to your request are attached.
Beth Frady, M.S.
Office of Communications
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
2900 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32399
Office (850) 617-2373
Cell (850) 694-9313
[http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/facebook_logo.jpg]<http://www.facebook.com/flhsmv> [http://www.d-ss.co.uk/164-thickbox_default/twitter-bird-logo.jpg] <http://www.twitter.com/flhsmv> [http://i2.wp.com/stuffled.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Instagram-Logo-Vector-Image.png?resize=1020%2C680] <http://www.instagram.com/flhsmv> [http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.1NntFs9J44aYtCxvx9xN9Q&pid=15.1] <https://www.youtube.com/user/FLHSMVvideo>
Leaders in Service – Agents of Progress – Champions for Safety