|Submitted||Aug. 6, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Law enforcement agencies around the country are entering into Promotional Discount Agreements with Ring, Amazon's home security camera company. (https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3ag37/us-cities-are-helping-people-buy-amazon-surveillance-cameras-using-taxpayer-money) These agreements direct city funds toward providing a discount on Ring products, such as doorbell cameras.
Therefore, I hereby request the following records related to Ring and possible Promotional Discount Agreements:
1) All calendar invitations, instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other documents that mention Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app. This includes A) any minutes/notes taking during meetings that discussed the use of Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app work, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use, marketing, or promotion of Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Promotional Discount Agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the city and Ring.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Ring or the Neighbors app, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention Ring or the Neighbors app.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) between city government workers with Ring representatives.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. It will be used in the course of reporting for Motherboard, VICE’s science and technology website (www.motherboard.vice.com).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
RE: Response to Your Public Records Request Received August 6, 2019 - 2019 PRR #316
Dear Ms. Haskins:
As required under California Government Code Section 6253(c), this electronic mail is in response to your written public records request pursuant to the California Public Records Act (California Govt. Code Section 6250 et seq.) which was received by the City Clerk's Office on August 6, 2019.
Enclosed are documents responsive to your request. This completes our response and this request is now closed. Should you have any questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (626) 580-2016, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
[Description: Description: Description: Description: Untitled-4]<http://elmonteca.gov/>
11333 Valley Blvd,
El Monte. CA 91731