|Submitted||May 4, 2022|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Ohio Open Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
I am seeking documents related to an officer's reported exposure to fentanyl on or about May 15, 2017. This exposure was reported by CBS News as seen at this URL:
I am seeking any documents related to this incident, including (but not limited to):
- Policies/training materials for the handling of fentanyl by police officers
- Any incident report created by the East Liverpool PD
- Any internal and external communications about this incident, including any communications with journalists
- Any information about medical care sought
- Any information about medical care
- In the event medical information cannot be released, please indicate whether or not the officer's reaction was due to fentanyl exposure (i.e., Yes/No/Other)
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
The officer was treated at East Liverpool City Hospital and was given multiple doses of Narcan. I don't believe there is anything stating that it was fentanyl but that is the only thing that it could have been.