Officers involved with incident at 68 Pine St Dennis, MA Feb 15, 2023
|Submitted||Feb. 19, 2023|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Daralyn Heywood
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
1) Body camera footage from all police officers assigned to Cruiser numbers, 4, 14, 44, and 12, for Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs and any other unknown police officer that responded to 68 Pine St South Dennis, MA on February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs. The names and badge numbers of occupants of same.
2) Any and all mobile data transmissions between, from, to or amongst Cruisers 4,14, 44, and 12, including Dennis dispatch, for February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs.
3) Any and All Dennis PD radio transmissions for Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs.
4) Names and badge numbers of police officers who responded to 68 Pine street South Dennis, MA, 02660 on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs and/or name and badge numbers of occupants of cruiser numbers 4,14, 44 and 12, to include each of their supervisors and Field Training Officers.
5) Any reports, emails or notes, generated as a result of incidents that occurred on February 15, 2023, at 68 Pine St South Dennis, MA 02660 between 1500 hrs and 2300 hrs by officers who were involved or responded to 68 Pine St Dennis MA.
6) The Daily Dennis Police duty roster, listing crusier assigments, crusier numbers, officers' names, and assignments for each officer for Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs.
7) The name of all police supervisors and police officers on duty Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs.
8)Body camera footage for any unnamed police officer who responded to 68 Pine Street South Dennis, MA on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 1500 hr hours to 2300 hours.
9) Any dash mounted footage from Wednesday February 15, 2023 from 1500 hrs to 2300 hrs for police cruisers 4, 14, 44, 12, and any police cruiser that responded to 68 Pine St South Dennis, MA.
10) All 911 calls to Dennis PD on February 15, 2023.
11) Any and all documents, log notes, patrol notifications of "wanted persons" or "BOLO's" advising Dennis PD to seek wanted persons to include description, race, height, weight, gender, address, ethnicity, crime allegeded, and any operatioinal plan to seek such person or persons to include any approval by superior officers on February 15, 2023.
12) The police log for February 15, 2023.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Muckrock Staff
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Massachusetts Public Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on Feb. 19, 2023. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
From: Dennis Police Department
Typo in the original email address
Lt. Kenneth Gelnett
Support Services Commander
Dennis Police Department
90 Bob Crowell Road
South Dennis, MA 02660
(774) 352-1515 (Phone)
(508) 394-5750 (Fax)