|Multi Request||Dane County, Ring|
|Submitted||July 18, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Wisconsin Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Public reports state that this police department has a relationship with Ring, which has a "neighborhood watch" app called Neighbors (https://www.nsarrow.com/story/2019/06/06/community/dane-county-offering-app-with-real-time-local-crime-updates/6977.html). Therefore, I hereby request the following records:
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app. This includes A) any notes taking during meetings that discussed the use of Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app work, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Ring devices and/or the Neighbors app to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Ring.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Ring or the Neighbors app, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention Ring or the Neighbors app.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with Ring representatives.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. It will be used in the course of reporting for Motherboard, VICE’s science and technology website (www.motherboard.vice.com).
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.
I am the deputy that works for the Village of Dane located in the Town of Dane in Dane County. You had sent the village clerk an open records request dated July 22, 2019 asking for the release of information regarding "Ring" and "Neighborhood App". I believe you have mistakenly sent this information to the Village of Dane not realizing that they do not have a police department. They contract with the Dane County Sheriff's Office. Please send your request to the Dane County Sheriff's Office as they would be the holder of the information you are requesting.
Deputy Brad Duffrin
Dane County Sheriff's Office
Town of Westport/Village of Dane
Thank you for clarifying, I'll file this to them.
There are no files associated with this request.