|Submitted||May 21, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Contracts and invoices related to the use of communication services at any and all county correctional or detention facility locations under the jurisdiction of this agency. This may encompass telecommunication, kiosk, and mobile tablet services.
Please include materials for the following locations, as well as any other applicable facilities:
- Bridgeport Correctional Center
- Brooklyn Correctional Institution
- Cheshire Correctional Institution
- Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center
- Garner Correctional Institution
- Hartford Correctional Center
- MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution
- Manson Youth Institution
- New Haven Correctional Center
- Northern Correctional Institution
- Osborn Correctional Institution
- Robinson Correctional Institution
- Willard-Cybulski Correctional Institution
- York Correctional Institution
Please provide the following relevant materials.
• Any and all open or active Requests for Proposal or similar solicitations regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of communication services. If available or applicable, please also provide equivalent materials for video conferencing equipment and other electronic communication and telecommunication services.
• Any and all active contracts regarding the provision, installation, maintenance, financial requirements, associated commissions, or use of communication services. Please include all associated supplemental materials, including any and all attachments, amendments, and exhibits. Please provide any other materials regarding the terms of service, including the term and expiration date of the current contract, as well as any optional contract extensions. Please include the name of the current telecommunication provider, as well as the services currently being provided pursuant to the agreement. Relevant companies include, but are not limited to, CenturyLink, City Tele Coin, ICSolutions, JPay, and Securus Technologies.
• Any and all financial reports, commission reports, revenue reports, and invoices related to the provision, installation, maintenance, or use of communication services. Please include all usage and fee reports, providing as much segregable data as possible, including, but not limited to, the rate at which the funds were generated, the revenue generated for each service, the timeframe during which the funds were generated, the nature of the communication's payment (collect, prepaid, inmate account), etc. If available, please also provide equivalent materials for video conferencing equipment and other electronic communication and telecommunication services.
Please provide all current contract materials and invoices for the period January 1, 2015 through the date this request is processed.
I also request that, if possible and pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. § 1-212(d), fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest and not made for commercial gain. The requested documents will be processed by a representative of the news media/press and made available to the public at MuckRock.com.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 4 business days, as the statute requires.
We do not have any documents responsive to this request. You may find responsive documents at the Department of Administrative Services.
CT Department of Correction
24 Wolcott Hill Road,
Wethersfield, CT 06109
There are no files associated with this request.