|Multi Request||Sheriff's Use of Force/Complaints Data|
|Submitted||June 3, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of sheriff's deputy use of force incidents, broken down by type of force used, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
2. The total number of people that deputies used force against, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
3. The total number of use of force complaints reported between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of use of force complaints sustained between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
5. The policy manual of the sheriff's department.
6. The current union contract between the city and any sheriff's deputy/police officer unions.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom it May Concern:
This message is in response to your Public Records Act Request. We do not maintain records containing summaries of the information you are seeking in items 1 through 4, and the California Public Records Act does not require that we create new records or research answers to questions posed as a public records act request.
Documents responsive to 5 and 6 have been uploaded to your site. Please contact me if you have any questions.
County Counsel, Colusa County