|Multi Request||Internal police policies on domestic violence committed by employees|
|Submitted||Aug. 24, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the The Missouri Sunshine Law, I hereby request the following records regarding this agency’s procedures for handling alleged and actual acts of domestic violence by its employees:
POLICIES and PROCEDURES
• The current or most recent applicable policy and guidance regarding this agency's response to complaints and allegations of domestic violence made against its employees
• All policies and guidance related to reporting by this agency (to the state government, federal government, private researchers, and any other party) of domestic violence committed by or alleged against employees of this agency
• A blank copy of all forms and logs used in the process of recording and addressing domestic violence allegations against and investigations of employees of this agency
COMPLAINTS and INVESTIGATIONS
• All materials (including but not limited to all complaints, reports, investigatory materials, internal affairs reports, and any other records) related to all allegations of domestic violence made against employees of this agency for the period from January 1, 2010 through July 31, 2020.
• All aggregate data related to allegations and investigations of domestic violence committed by this agency's employees for the period from January 1, 2010 through July 31, 2020.
• All reports, data, and other reporting materials provided by this agency to any other entity (including but not limited to the state government, the federal government, private researchers, and any other party) on domestic violence committed by or alleged against employees of this agency
This request is being made by a reporter as part of a journalistic investigation. It is being submitted to your agency at the suggestion of a MuckRock reader from your community, part of a project to better understand uses of police force nationwide. This has been of public interest for many years and is of particular interest to the public following the widely-seen death of George Floyd and subsequent First Amendment-protected demonstrations and public discussion. There is no commercial interest in making this request or in receiving responsive records.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
I am in receipt of your sunshine request.
Regarding your request for specific Clay County Policies: https://www.claymosheriff.org/index.html
The attached link is to the Clay County Sheriff's Office website. At the bottom of the first page on the left hand side of the website, there is a link to all of our policies.
Regarding your request for reports:
As the keeper of records for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, to the best of my knowledge, we are not in possession of any reports as it relates to your request. If you feel this is an error, feel free to contact me at the below number or I can be reached via this email address.
Have a great day!
Sgt. Ray Franks
Professional Standards Unit
Clay County Sheriff's Office
12 S. Water Liberty, Mo
CAUTION: This email and it's contents are for Clay County Sheriff's Office use only. The contents are not for dissemination or review outside of Sheriff's Office personnel. Review or dissemination outside of the Clay County Sheriff's Office could result in criminal or civil charges.
There are no files associated with this request.