|Submitted||Dec. 15, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act., I hereby request the following records:
- Signal is an encrypted messaging application for communication.
- It is possible to find Signal users based on their phone numbers and by design the fact that a phone number uses Signal is not private.
- The cell phone number of the Deputy Mayor Robert Rivkin is 312 371 5376.
- Robert Rivkin uses the Signal messaging application.
- Robert Rivkin directed the bid to entice Amazon to build their second headquarters in Chicago.
- Robert Rivkin spoke with Rahm Emanuel about the Amazon HQ2 project.
Therefore pursuant to the Illinois FOIA law, I request a copy of any and all messages posted on Signal between Robert Rivkin and other city officials involved in the Amazon HQ2 search. As I am unsure which other city officials Robert Rivkin spoke with, you should direct your search by asking Robert Rivkin which other officials he spoke with about Amazon HQ2. At minimum, you should search for any Signal messages between Robert Rivkin and Rahm Emanuel.
This request is being made by a member of the press.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
There are no files associated with this request.