It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||May 1, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
RE: Urgent - UNC Shooting
To Whom It May Concern:
***NOTE: Every response (including all responsive records) you send may be automatically and immediately visible to the general public on the MuckRock.com internet service used to issue this request.***
Pursuant to the North Carolina Public Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
1. all press releases re: [[the April 30, 2019 shooting at UNC]] (the "Incident")
2. all photographs of the Incident
3. all 911 calls of the Incident
4. all on-scene videos of the Incident, including all body cam footage
5. all witness reports of the Incident
6. arrest reports of all suspects in the Incident
7. all incident reports (main and supplemental) of the Incident
8. all other public records or information requests (formal or informal) made to your agency by anyone else (including media), AND the responses (including ALL responsive documents) you have given them, re: the Incident. If you have provided it to other public/media, we expect you to provide it to us as well.
9. incident specific documents: [[communications between your agency and the FBI or US DoJ re: the suspect or Incident]]
10. all other available documents re: the Incident
11. a copy of this request as you have received it
Given the extremely high public interest in this incident, please waive fees and provide a response as soon as possible, and please provide responsive records on a rolling basis as you approve/redact them for disclosure.
If you do not waive fees, please send only those records available without any fees - since we have asked for electronic copies, we expect all will be available without fees. Nevertheless, for any records for which you would charge fees, instead of copies, please provide us the determination of what records exist, so we may inspect them in person if we so choose to do so, and notify us of the expected costs if we wished to move forward with copies. Please respond to each request and determine whether: there are no responsive records, there are responsive records and you have disclosed all of them to us, there are responsive records and you have disclosed some and redacted/withheld some, or there are responsive records and all have been withheld.
I would prefer the request fulfilled electronically, by e-mail attachments, if possible.
For all electronic copies, you have an obligation to provide electronic records in the original format you hold them.
Please cite statutory authority for any records withheld in whole or in part. If you withhold certain records at this time as part of a pending law enforcement investigation, we may continue to followup re-requesting the records in the future.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following North Carolina Public Records Law request, copied below, and originally submitted on May 1, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
There are no files associated with this request.