|Multi Request||Sheriff's Use of Force/Complaints Data|
|Submitted||June 3, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. The total number of sheriff's deputy use of force incidents, broken down by type of force used, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
2. The total number of people that deputies used force against, between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
3. The total number of use of force complaints reported between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of use of force complaints sustained between 2013-2018 (separated by year).
5. The policy manual of the sheriff's department.
6. The current union contract between the city and any sheriff's deputy/police officer unions.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following California Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on June 3, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Dear Mr. Sinyangwe:
Attached please find my response to your request.
Calaveras County Sheriff's Office
1045 Jeff Tuttle Drive
San Andreas, CA 95249
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any documents, files, or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, print, or save this email. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email, its contents, or the attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by telephone or reply email and destroy the original, any attachments, and all copies without reading or saving.