|Multi Request||Automated License Plate Reader (ALPR) - Adoption, Use, and Data Retention Policies|
|Submitted||Dec. 13, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Materials related to this agency's acquisition of, access to, preservation of, or disclosure of automated license plate readers (ALPR) or ALPR data:
1. Policies related to the adoption of ALPR technology, including those guiding the procurement process or necessary administrative obligations before acquisition.
2. Training policies, requirements, and materials for automatic license plate reader system operators.
3. Databases used to compare data obtained by the automatic license plate reader system.
4. Policies related to the retention and security of captured ALPR data, including those regarding:
- the length of time after capture that data may be preserved
- exceptions to general data preservation policies
- internal data security and access
- data destruction
5. Policies related to the sharing of captured ALPR data by this agency with other agencies, including those directing:
- the manner in which another agency may request data
- the circumstances under which captured data may be shared, and
- the responsibilities of the recipient agency in regards to data retention and use.
- access by this agency to data obtained by automatic license plate reader systems not operated by the law enforcement agency.
Please also provide the number of requests made by outside agencies, if applicable.
6. Policies related to the sale of data or the sharing of data with non-law enforcement actors.
- If applicable, please provide all agreements between this agency and non-law enforcement actors.
7. Policies regarding oversight of automatic license plate reader system use.
8. Audit Reports
9. Policies related to maintenance and calibration.
Please also provide maintenance and calibration schedules and records for the system on file.
10. Any other policies or reports on subjects related to automatic license plate reader system use by the agency.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Georgia Open Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Dec. 13, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Attached you will find the information you have requested per your Open Records Request. The Brookhaven Police Department does not currently have an ALPR policy. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to contact me at the number provided below or via email.
[Car city image emailsig]
Brookhaven Police Department
☎ 404-637-0686 | Fax 404-637-0687
2665 Buford Hwy.|Brookhaven, GA|30324
Stay in the know! Sign up for BROOKHAVEN ALERT, a free service to get notifications from state and local authorities like weather, traffic and other emergencies. Sign up now at www.BrookhavenGA.gov/BrookhavenAlert<http://www.brookhavenga.gov/BrookhavenAlert> or download the Smart911 app.
Get Connected with Brookhaven with Brookhaven Connect, a free app that allows users to communicate non-emergency issues, like potholes, code enforcement or other issues. Brookhaven Connect is available for iPhone<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brookhaven-connect/id1032514948?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4>, Android<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citysourced.brookhavenga>, and <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citysourced.brookhavenga> Windows<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citysourced.brookhavenga> phones or at CitySourced<https://brookhavenga.citysourced.com/mobile/default.aspx> on other devices. More info at: http://ow.ly/tkaE30kb9zv Get it now!
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message (including attachments). The City of Brookhaven is a public entity subject to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated §§ 50-18-70 to 50-18-76 concerning public records. Email is covered under such laws and thus may be subject to disclosure.