|Submitted||Nov. 6, 2013|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c.66, §10, I hereby request the following records:
1) A roster of all campus safety and/or police department employees;
2) A map or summary document that outlines or establishes the jurisdiction of the safety and/or police department;
3) All memoranda of understanding (MOU) or memoranda of agreement (MOA) the institution and/or its safety/police department holds with local or state police departments in Massachusetts;
4) The last five emails sent from the email account of the director of public safety or chief of police on campus at the time this request is processed;
5) Reports for arrests of individuals who are not enrolled or affiliated with the university or college, as well as all warnings, violations, or trespass notices issued to individuals who are not enrolled or affiliated with the university or college. Please include these arrest reports, warnings, violations or trespass notices issued from January 1, 2013 through the date this request is processed;
6) Reports filed for rape or sexual assault investigations, both on campus or involving students off campus, between August 1, 2010 and the date this request is processed;
7) Any contracts or purchase orders the university or the university’s safety department holds with companies for security or surveillance cameras. Please include contracts and orders from August 1, 2001 through the date this request is processed, or as far back as such records are maintained.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on Nov. 6, 2013. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thank you for your help.
The law you cite to produce the types of information that you're asking
for does not apply to private entities such as Emerson.
Assistant Vice President and Director of Media Relations
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
There are no files associated with this request.