|Submitted||Aug. 17, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Idaho Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents reported by the police department, separated by year and by type of force used from 2020 (for example: 15 taser incidents in 2020, 18 baton incidents in 2020, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2020 (for example: 8 complaints in 2020, 2 complaints sustained in 2020).
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained from 2020.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained from 2020.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained from 2020.
6. a list of all officer involved shootings that were directed at a person from 2020 (excluding shootings of animals and accidental discharges that are not directed at a person).
7. all information reported to the FBI’s National Use-of-Force Data Collection program to date.
If only partial information is available responsive to one or more of these requests, please provide all of the information that is available.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Idaho Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Aug. 17, 2021. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please find attached.
The information you requested was sent to you last Friday.
This information was sent to you on Friday the 20th, please check your spam folder.