|Submitted||March 16, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the North Dakota Open Records Law, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
I would like to let you guys know that it will be around $100 to compile all of this information (I will know more once the information is all collected on the exact time it takes at $25/hour minus the first hour). Let me know if you would still like to continue gathering this information.
This e-mail, including attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510 et seq., may be confidential, or may contain confidential material. It is intended for use only by the person(s) to whom it is directed. If you are not the intended recipient and/or received it in error, you should (1) reply by e-mail to the sender; (2) delete this e-mail, including deletion of all associated text files from all storage locations including individual and network storage devices; and (3) refrain from disseminating or copying this communication. The media in which any electronic data files are transmitted can deteriorate over time and under various conditions. The City does not warrant the accuracy of any information contained in electronic data files transmitted by e-mail.