|Multi Request||Nasal Ranger|
|Submitted||Jan. 13, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Recent media shows that the city of Bessemer recently decided to buy a "Nasal Ranger" https://www.yourdailyglobe.com/story/2020/01/07/news/bessemer-council-votes-to-purchase-odor-detecting-device/13290.html
1) All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of the "Nasal Ranger." This includes A) any notes taking during meetings that discussed the use of Nasal Ranger, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Nasal Ranger, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Nasal Ranger to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
2) A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Nasal Ranger.
3) A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Nasal Ranger, as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
4) Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention the Nasal Ranger.
5) Any digital communications (including but not limited to emails and text messages) with Nasal Ranger representatives.
These documents will be used by VICE Media in the course of news gathering and journalism in the public service. They will be used to inform reporting for www.vice.com, an international media organization.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 5 business days, as the statute requires.
The City of Bessemer has received your request for public records under the
Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
In order to determine the extent of responsive records, we are extending the
time for responding to your request by ten (10) business days, as permitted
under MCL 15.235, Section 5(2)(d). Therefore, a written notice will be
issued to you on or before February 12, 2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Bessemer City Clerk/Treasurer
Good morning Jason Koebler,
Attached is our response to the FOIA. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Charly Loper Bessemer City Manager email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) (906) 663-4311 │ cityofbessemer.org (http://cityofbessemer.org)