|Multi Request||Maryland police data|
|Submitted||Sept. 14, 2019|
|Due||Sept. 24, 2019|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. All information reported to the Maryland Police Standards and Training Commission regarding Serious Police Officer Involved Incidents and Officers Disciplined as required by Public Safety Article §3-207(b)(1) in 2017 and 2018.
2. All traffic stop data reported pursuant to Maryland Transportation Article, § 25-113 for stops made in 2017 and 2018.
3. The total number of civilian complaints reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
4. The total number of civilian complaints sustained in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (separated by year).
5. The total number of uses of force reported in 2016, 2017, and 2018, separated by type of force used for each year (separated by year).
Note, I’m requesting aggregate statistics or these requests, which does not include identifiable or protected information regarding complaints, officer personnel records, or use of force.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Dear Mr. Sinyangwe,
Your September 16, 2019 letter to the Baltimore County Police Department ("BCOPD"), PIA Office, was referred to the Baltimore County Office of Law for review and response pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act ("MPIA"), Md. Code Ann., Gen. Provis. § 4 - 101 et seq.
Specifically, you request a series of different records, namely aggregate statistics, regarding the above referenced categories of information.
To date, I have not received any responsive records; however, I will contact the BCOPD to ascertain when records might be forthcoming and what, if any, fee is associated with the search for and preparation of the records you seek. When I have additional information regarding the status of your request, I will notify you of same.
Thank you for your patience,
Vickie L. Wash, Esq.
Assistant County Attorney
Office of Law
400 Washington Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Maryland Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Sept. 14, 2019. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
I have forwarded your email to the Baltimore County Police Department and will update you as soon as I have a status update on the records you have requested.
Thank you for your patience.
There are no files associated with this request.