|June 4, 2022
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
1. the total number of use of force incidents, separated by type of force and year used in 2021 (for example, information that specifies the number of taser incidents in 2021, baton incidents in 2021, etc.)
2. the total number of civilian complaints alleging any form of law enforcement misconduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
3. the total number of civilian complaints alleging law enforcement use of excessive force that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
4. the total number of civilian complaints alleging biased policing or racial profiling that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
5. the total number of civilian complaints alleging criminal conduct that were reported and the total number sustained in 2021.
6. the total number of officer involved shootings in 2021, both fatal and non-fatal.
When available, I would appreciate being sent individualized data for each item in this request in spreadsheet format. If individualized data are unavailable, please send information that includes aggregate statistics for the item instead.
Note that my requests for civilian complaints are specifically for civilian complaints alleging police misconduct, please do not include complaints filed by one officer/the department against another officer.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
Thank you for submitting a request for records.
Your request security key is 334896
Your request reference number is PRR-8876-2022
Please have this security key and reference number available when communicating with our staff regarding your request.
If you have any questions regarding your City Public Records Request I can be reached at (661) 326-3767.
Questions regarding your Police Department Public Records Request please contact Bakersfield Police Department at 661-326-3854.
Julie Drimakis, MMC
City of Bakersfield
Note: This is an automated email notification. Please do not respond to this email.
Dear Samuel Sinyangwe,
Your request submitted on 6/5/2022 at 9:13:27 pm for request Request Number: PRR-8876-2022 to obtain record(s) is being processed and has been routed to the proper department.
We will retain your request until an update or records are available for release. .
Bakersfield Police Department
1601 Truxtun Avenue
Dear Sir or Madam,
The records responsive to your request submitted on Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 12:00 AM (Pacific Standard Time) are now available for download. To obtain your records, please click on the Request Link in this email.
Request Number: PRR-8876-2022
You will need your request number and security key to obtain the records.
If you have any questions regarding your City Public Records Request please call the City Clerk's office at (661) 326-3767.
Questions regarding your Police Department Public Records Request please contact Bakersfield Police Department at (661) 326-3854.
City of Bakersfield, CA
*Note: This is an automated email notification. Please do not respond to this email.