Municipal materials re: gas leak identification and replacement. (Avon Town Clerk)
|Submitted||June 30, 2015|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Beryl Lipton
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c.66, §10, I hereby request the following records:
• All policies regarding the identification and replacement of gas line infrastructure within the municipality
• All requests made to the Massachusetts Department of Public Works for information related to gas leaks, as allowed for by the Massachusetts General Laws (https://malegislature.gov/Laws/SessionLaws/Acts/2014/Chapter149)
• All available gas line information regarding the location and severity of gas leaks within this jurisdiction
• The existing schedule of planned or proposed municipal construction projects to occur in the year 2015
• All notifications made to relevant gas companies regarding "the undertaking of a significant project on a public way exposing confirmed natural gas infrastructure," as required by Massachusetts law.
• All "repair and replacement" schedules of gas leaks provided to the municipality by gas companies within this jurisdiction, as provided for by Massachusetts General Laws
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as we believe this request is in the public interest, as suggested but not stipulated by the recommendations of the Massachusetts Supervisor of Public Records. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
I expect the request to be filled in an accessible format, including for screen readers, which provide text-to-speech for persons unable to read print. Files that are not accessible to screen readers include, for example, .pdf image files as well as physical documents.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 calendar days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Freedom of Information request, copied below, and originally submitted on June 30, 2015. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response, or if further clarification is needed.
Thank you for your help.
From: Avon Town Clerk
A no responsive documents response.