It is a clone of this request.
|Submitted||March 20, 2018|
|Due||April 3, 2018|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all statistics, data, reports, audits, policies, and procedures pertaining to the following items regarding sexual assault evidence collection (SAEC) kits (also known as "rape kits") and processing:
• all standard operating procedures regarding the SAEC process
• any written policies or procedures regarding department practices on the acquisition of or handling of rape kit evidence, including protocols for its collection, testing, and delegation and transfer to all other possibly relevant locations, laboratories, or agencies
• the number of kits collected and booked into evidence from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of kits that have been processed by a public or private crime or forensic laboratory or equivalent processing location from the period of January 1, 2000 through the date this request is processed
• the number of unprocessed kits in any storage facilities currently under the department’s jurisdiction and control, including those held by medical personnel or at external laboratory locations
• any materials regarding the status or ultimate disposition of cases in which a kit was collected. Please include all available segregable data.
• all audits involving this agency regarding the collection or backlog of SAEC kits
• all proposed alterations or yet-to-be-implemented changes to the policies and procedures regarding the collection, testing, and use of SAEC kits
If there any questions about this request, please feel free to call us at the MuckRock office at 617-299-1832.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Texas Public Information Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on March 20, 2018. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Thank you for contacting the City of Austin Police Department. Your e-mail has been given the reference number Z001777-100218 for tracking purposes. Your request will be forwarded to the relevant Police departments to locate the information you seek.
If you have submitted a Public Information Request:
An account has been created for you in the Austin Police Department - Public Records Center where you can track and monitor the status of your request, and receive any documents in response to your request. If you have never used this system or cannot remember your password you may request a temporary password here: (https://u4037834.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=L5asTq9oAWi6tKrRmhm-2FjdeOiRuug27lLAwjsi7emEo83wl370Vb85JPoLRmCoKuZJmeR3o2wnT767SVLfIXFHULB81Q7MO3msUqPiDDksY-3D_DkzctIGXRv851AlU-2BJLFg2wgL6-2F2dpz-2BQdhrrcgI7AAZ5PBlfD2PuVl-2BKezaRp39SzE4EPQvUysNTjORwi0ONWXGaKEeWJsa3SQlrS-2BT2Fa3WKsrWLp-2FxG293bhivr-2F3wT5VgBwcigFgWbaqbX-2BUaLqp6NtxB4d-2FwAh5RFAlKmWzNnFvSFcZS7JWA-2FWwpPAZ00cxYofqe8Ew3N8Rx7ej9Kbi-2BrHSt2TLVEEq4F-2FAALc-3D) Request Temporary Password. (https://u4037834.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=L5asTq9oAWi6tKrRmhm-2FjU6IRz4Sdrp8LlwHMBhEZHOGIO-2Bq4-2FfqIFkiFtH5AuC-2FTiX8mBbe32skV3SK7mPFmA-3D-3D_DkzctIGXRv851AlU-2BJLFg2wgL6-2F2dpz-2BQdhrrcgI7AAZ5PBlfD2PuVl-2BKezaRp39SzE4EPQvUysNTjORwi0ONTqmFDRGOIvTJJamyr7MP6R-2BpctunllrxAhE-2FZutTbrZfbD3pbRco-2BfpnMi8pnnKCTOViiiYmg3A2HEke76C8bojW4tMN2LP8OIFSigpiLI0vSAqWnkobuxFT-2BW-2FmXuXklGpMeJw943f7Bf02gbHzwk-3D)
Please login and go to "My Request Center" to update your account information, track the status of your request and receive requested records when they become available.
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, you will receive communication from the Austin Police Department within 30 business days informing you of one or more of the following:
* The date the information will be available or a copy of the records sought.
* A cost estimate/invoice.
* A letter advising there is no responsive information for your request or that some/all the responsive information may or must be withheld by the Austin Police Department in accordance with the law.
* The need for clarification from you.
Please note your request must ask for records that already exist. The Texas Public Information Act does not require a governmental body to create new information, perform legal research, or answer questions.
You can monitor the status of your request using the "My Request Center" menu option on the left.
For all future requests, you can use the Austin Police Department - Public Records Center to expedite your request. (https://u4037834.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=L5asTq9oAWi6tKrRmhm-2FjdeOiRuug27lLAwjsi7emEo83wl370Vb85JPoLRmCoKuZJmeR3o2wnT767SVLfIXFHULB81Q7MO3msUqPiDDksY-3D_DkzctIGXRv851AlU-2BJLFg2wgL6-2F2dpz-2BQdhrrcgI7AAZ5PBlfD2PuVl-2BKezaRp39SzE4EPQvUysNTjORwi0ONexJJ0lsU27Bgugp6LBks-2BYtk0F1YADIFzdxyLhQhSU0BE5g4h-2Fsiwoz86rhFjGDB89HDXEOsXKdXHM-2B-2FDEdeKtQ-2BXOGsJD-2BCQwc9tdAFWn7cOOVtiDdL1FSDc3v-2FasNw8sMOl1rk63uVAhznsUJ020-3D)
Again, thank you for contacting the Austin Public Records Center.
There are no files associated with this request.