ARIC contracts, SAR information, private partners, errors, sources etc
|Submitted||Oct. 26, 2014|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
From: Evan Anderson
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act , I hereby request the following records:
- Number of times information uploaded to the ARIC's intelligence databases had to be corrected or removed because it was erroneous or deficient, or because the source agency did not have authority to gather or share the information.
- Breakdown of number of suspicious incident reports, suspicious activity reports, and field interview reports in the ARIC's intelligence databases.
- Number and list of all public agencies and/or private contractors providing services of any kind to ARIC.
- Breakdown of the number of tips and leads in the ARIC's intelligence databases acquired via intelligence information or email, phone, internet or incident report submission.
- Number of tips and leads in the ARIC's intelligence databases acquired from cellphone tower dumps, cell site simulators (commonly known as "Stingrays"), and surveillance cameras.
- A copy of all contracts signed by the ARIC.
I also request that, if appropriate, fees be waived as I believe this request is in the public interest. The requested documents will be made available to the general public free of charge as part of the public information service at MuckRock.com, processed by a representative of the news media/press and is made in the process of news gathering and not for commercial usage.
In the event that fees cannot be waived, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days, as the statute requires.
From: Boyd, David
Responsive information is attached.
This PIR is now closed.
Corporal David Boyd #3629
Austin Police Department
Public Information Office