|Multi Request||Atlanta, Clearview|
|Submitted||Jan. 4, 2020|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act, I hereby request the following records:
Public disclosure reports show that this city contracted Clearview AI as a vendor in September 2019. I am hereby requesting the following records that relate to Clearview AI:
* Any contracts, purchase, orders, invoices, and receipts related to Clearview AI.
* All instructional materials, presentations and presentation materials (including recorded video and audio, PowerPoint files, prepared remarks, and slides formats), and other guidance on the use of Clearview AI. This includes A) any notes taken during meetings that discussed the use of Clearview AI, B) any explanations (whether internally or externally generated) of how Clearview AI, and C) any other document that has been used to help explain the use of Clearview AI to any party, including internal documentation, public relations materials, and executive summaries.
* A copy of any privacy impact assessments, use policies, standard operating procedures, data retention policies, legal opinions, warranties, non-disclosure agreements, contracts, liability waivers, insurance agreements, Requests for Proposals, Responses to Requests for Proposal, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, usage policies, or informal agreements between the police department and Clearview AI.
* A copy of any funding opportunity announcements, grant applications and grantor status/progress reports, reports to legislative bodies, annual reports that mention Clearview AI as well as audit records, including but not limited to security audits of the software, misuse reports, and reports to oversight bodies.
* Any digital communications including but not limited to emails and text messages) as well as documents, (including but not limited to PDF, word processing, excel, and slide documents) that mention "Clearview AI" or "Clearview A.I." as well as digital communications with Clearview AI representatives, who should have the email domain "@clearview.ai." Please limit the time frame of the search to January 1, 2019 to the time that this request is processed.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public in the process of reporting for BuzzFeed News, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes. Therefore, I hereby request that all fees are waived in the processing of this request.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 3 business days, as the statute requires.
To Whom It May Concern:
I wanted to follow up on the following Georgia Open Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on Jan. 4, 2020. Please let me know when I can expect to receive a response.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
Please find the attached documents we believe are responsive to your request. Let us know if you need anything else.
Director, Public Affairs Unit
Atlanta Police Department
226 Peachtree Street SW
Atlanta, GA 30303