|Submitted||Dec. 6, 2016|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the state open records law, Ariz. Rev. Stat. Ann. Secs. 39-121 to 39-122 and 39-128, I hereby request the following records:
Any and all policies and procedures regarding the recount of federal, state, or local ballot initiatives, including all materials regarding the following specific points:
• All policies and procedures regarding the initiation of a request to recount votes regarding a particular candidate position or ballot initiative
• All policies and procedures regarding the technical, practical measures for execution of a recount
• All policies, procedures, and considerations regarding the cost and budget of an execution of a recount
• All policies and procedures regarding the tallying and reporting of a vote recount
Please provide relevant procedures for jurisdictions under this agency.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I would request your response within ten (10) business days.
C/O Beryl Lipton
Dept MR 30529
411A Highland Ave
Somerville, MA 02144-2516
RE: Public Records Request (as attached).
In the attached records request, you have sought the following records:
* Policies/procedures regarding the initiation of a request to recount votes regarding a particular candidate position or ballot initiative
* Policies/procedures regarding the technical, practical measures for execution of a recount
* Policies/procedures, and considerations regarding the cost and budget of an execution of a recount
* Policies/procedures regarding the tallying and reporting of a vote recount
Our office acts as legal counsel to State Agencies within Arizona and the Arizona Attorney General's Office is not the correct agency to provide these records. Each agency within Arizona maintains their own records. You may wish to check with the AZ Secretary of State's Office or the County Recorder's office within each county of Arizona.
Deputy Public Information Officer
Office of the Arizona Attorney General
1275 W. Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007