|Multi Request||Geolocation data providers|
|Submitted||July 7, 2021|
|Est. Completion||July 23, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) seeks records describing the relationship between your agency and third-party providers of geolocation data. In particular, we seek records related to:
• the location data provider Gravy Analytics and its subsidiary Venntel
• Babel Street’s service Locate X
• the location data provider INRIX
For the purposes of this request, the term “geolocation data” refers to GPS data acquired from cell phone apps, connected vehicles, or other connected devices, or from third-party aggregators of such data, which pertains to the location of individual persons or devices, whether identified or de-identified.
We request the following records for the period between January 1, 2015 and the present:
• All contracts or written agreements between Department of Corrections, or consultants thereof, and Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
• All presentations, marketing materials, or proposals by contractors, subcontractors, or consultants working with Department of Corrections relating to the use of geolocation data from Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
• All technical documentation, guides, presentations, or policies describing access to, storage of, or use of geolocation data acquired from Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
• All written communications, emails, and attachments between Department of Corrections and Gravy Analytics, Venntel, or Babel Street;
• All written communications, emails, attachments, contracts, presentations, technical documentation, and other materials between Department of Corrections and INRIX or referencing INRIX.
The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.
In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.
Investigative Researcher, Electronic Frontier Foundation
In response to your request for ADOC relationship with any of the third-party entities listed below:
* the location data provider Gravy Analytics and its subsidiary Venntel
* Babel street's service Locate X
* the location data provider INRIX
We do not have any contracts with these vendors nor have we done any business with them where there is a financial transaction.
To Whom It May Concern:
I'm following up on the following Alaska Public Records Act request, copied below, and originally submitted on July 7, 2021. You had previously indicated that it would be completed on July 23, 2021. I wanted to check on the status of my request, and to see if there was a new estimated completion date.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if further clarification is needed.
I responded to this inquiry on July 14, 2021. Email is attached.
Public Information Officer
Department of Corrections