Request for Electronic Monitoring Documentation

James Kilgore filed this request with the Alabama Department of Corrections of Alabama.
Est. Completion None
Fix Required


From: James Kilgore

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to the Alabama Public Records , I hereby request the following records:

1. The aggregate number of people on parole with electronic monitoring (including both GPS and RF monitors) at the end of each month for the period 2010 to 2017. In the event data are not available for the end of each month, any figure that will provide a monthly census will be acceptable.
2. All Department of Corrections policy documents, operational guidelines, implementation guidelines or other documents that apply to the use of electronic monitoring in the adults and juveniles under the authority of the Departmentof Corrections
3. All contracts between the VDOC and any provider of services or technology related to electronic monitoring since 2010.
4. Copies of any documents, information sheets, policies, contracts or other materials provided to individuals who are placed on electronic monitoring by the Department of Corrections.

The requested documents will be made available to the general public, and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment if available or CD-ROM if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter. I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 10 business days.


James Kilgore

From: Alabama Department of Corrections

Dear James Kilgore,

As stated previously on July 2, 2018:
The Alabama Department of Corrections and Pardon and Paroles are separate agencies.
Therefore, you will need to contact Alabama state agency Pardons and Paroles for the information that you are requesting.
Their website and contact information is located on their website.

Also, if you want information from the Alabama Department of Corrections.

You will need to follow the Department's procedure to request public records by completing the Public Records Request Form, which I have attached for your convenience, (the request form can be found on our website at under request public records for future reference) and submit it along with a $25.00 processing fee. The processing fee payment must be submitted in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to the Alabama Department of Corrections.

Once we receive your completed request form and processing fee, we will review our records for documents responsive to your request. If we determine there are records responsive to your request, we will notify you of the estimated costs to produce the records. Payment of the estimated costs must be paid before we begin production of the records. Upon completion, we will provide you with an invoice of any final costs. No records will be made available until the final costs are paid.

The procedure to request public records, including our fee schedule, is further explained in the public records request form.

Please note that we do not produce documents electronically in connection with public records requests.

Let me know if you have any questions.


Rosie Shingles
Research & Planning Division