|Multi Request||Alabama Medicaid Provider List, Alabama State Licensed Healthcare Practitioner List|
|Submitted||June 29, 2021|
MuckRock users can file, duplicate, track, and share public records requests like this one. Learn more.
To Whom It May Concern:
Pursuant to the Alabama Public Records, I hereby request the following records:
I am requesting an opportunity to inspect or obtain copies of public records that include an updated list of all Alabama State Medicaid healthcare providers and ALL Alabama state licensed healthcare providers in electronic data set (either CSV, excel or PDF electronic format) to include Physicians (MD, DO), Physician Assistants, Nurses, CRNA, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives, Dentists, Podiatrists, Dental Assistants, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Family therapists, Psychologists and so on. All types of practitioners from all dates electronically available would be appreciated. Specific items to be included in data set:
1. Provider name
2. National Provider Identification (NPI) number
3. Alabama State Healthcare License number and initial date of issuance or expiry (if available/applicable)
4. Education / School/Training, if available
5. Provider type (MD, DO, PA, RN, PT, OT, CRNA, DMD, DDS, DPM etc)
8. Practice Location
If there are any fees for searching or copying these records, please email me if the cost will exceed $50. However, I would also like to request a waiver of all fees in that the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest and will contribute significantly to the public’s healthcare transparency, fairness and public awareness.
The law requires that you respond to and fulfill this request "as promptly as possible." If you expect a significant delay in responding to and fulfilling this request, please contact me by phone or via email with information about when I might expect copies or the ability to inspect the requested records.
If you deny any or all of this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of the appeal procedures available to me under the law.
Thank you for considering my request.
Dear Mr. Ahmed:
I am Brad Edmonds, Executive Director/General Counsel of the Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama.
Attached please find our most updated spreadsheet of licensee data. You asked for:
1. Provider name--included
2. NPI number--this is a matter of federal law, and we have never collected this information from providers
3. Alabama state license number and initial date of issuance and current expiration--included
4. Education/school/training--included, where we have that information. We are giving you everything in our database.
5. Provider type--included. We license dentists and dental hygienists only.
7. [sic] Specialty--included, where we have that information.
8. Practice location--included.
Indeed, we have included a little more information than you requested. We have included not only licensees, but permittees. Dentists may obtain permits, in addition to their licenses, for controlled substances, parenteral sedation, general anesthesia, and oral conscious sedation. Hygienists may obtain permits, in addition to their licenses, to administer infiltration anesthesia. We have included that information as well, because it required no additional effort.
There is no fee for this.
If you have any further questions, please contact me directly at email@example.com.
Dear Mr. Edmonds,
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate you taking the extra effort to share this licensee list.